Keihan Hotels & Resorts Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "We") recognizes the importance of personal information to our guests. To gain satisfaction and trust of our guests, We endeavor to safeguard the privacy of our guests by strictly following compliance laws and regulations related to privacy protection and by establishing and adhering to the following policy.
1. Use of personal information
We will use personal information only within the scope of the intended purposes outlined below, except in cases in which We obtain prior consent from the guest to do otherwise. However, in some cases following the provisions of laws and regulations, We may use the information beyond the scope of intended purposes without obtaining prior consent from the guest.
« Intended purposes for use of personal information »
- To provide goods and services requested by the guest and to reply to guest inquiries
- To provide information about new packages, events, and other offers about accommodations, banquet, restaurants, and other facilities to the guest
- To send electronic newsletters and other direct mail
- To analyze responses to surveys and other evaluations in order to improve service content and for marketing
2. Restrictions on the provision of personal information to a third party
We will not provide the guest’s personal information to a third party without obtaining prior consent from the guest, except in the cases below.
- When the information is required by laws and regulations
- When the information is necessary for protection of human life, health, or property, and it is difficult to obtain consent from the guest
- When there is a special need to improve public health or to promote the healthy development of children, and it is difficult to obtain consent from the guest
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national institution, local public organization, or any other individuals entrusted by them to carry out affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and there is a risk of hindering their performance by obtaining consent from the guest.
However, We will be able to provide the guest’s personal information to a third party if the guest is notified in advance of the matters below, or if the matters below are made readily accessible to the guest.
- The fact that the provision of personal information to a third party is the intended purpose for use
- The items of the personal information to be provided to a third party
- The means or method by which the personal information will be provided to a third party
- The fact that the provision of personal information to a third party as will lead to the identification of the guest will be discontinued at the request of the guest
3. Sharing of personal information
We will be able to jointly use the guest’s personal information with a third party if the guest is notified in advance of the matters below, or if the matters below are made readily accessible to the guest.
- The fact the information will be shared with a specified third party
- The items of the personal information to be shared with a third party
- The range of individuals who will be sharing the information
- The purpose of use of the information by the user
- The name of the individual or group responsible for managing the personal information
4. Notification of intended purpose, disclosure, amendments, and request for suspension of use of personal information
Except in measures stipulated by laws and regulations, notification of intended purpose, disclosure, amendments, and request for suspension of use of personal information will be addressed within reasonable scope upon identification confirmation of the guest and based on predetermined procedures. Please note that “notification of intended purpose” and “disclosure” will cost 1,000 yen per request.
6. Contact information
721-1 Higashi Shiokoji-cho, Karasuma-dori Shichijo-kudaru, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto 600-8216
Personnel & General Affairs, Administration Division, Keihan Hotels & Resorts Co., Ltd.
TEL / 075-361-3221
HOURS / 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (excludes Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, year-end and New Year holidays)